After working for ten years as a writing tutor and writing a few books of my own, you think I’d be sick of editing, but I find it deeply satisfying to deconstruct a manuscript, trimming fat and polishing gems, then stitch it back together with a strong voice and sense of purpose.
If you need straightforward, comprehensive feedback on your writing project from someone who genuinely enjoys the process, I’d love to help!
This covers mechanics (proofreading and line edits): correcting and standardizing grammar, punctuation, tense, etc, as well as making suggestions for rewording/rewriting for clarity and flow.
Ideal for fiction of all flavors and lengths, this covers the material’s quality (content editing): thorough evaluation of plot, character, dialogue, and voice, including revision suggestions and critique. This option is flexible in its focus and scope, making it suitable for short stories, novels, poetry, scripts, and creative essays.
With basic proofreading and line edits: $2/page
Intended for academic non-fiction, this covers clarity, flow, and appropriate voice. It also includes proofreading, line edits, and a review of both in-text and bibliography citations, if needed. Also suitable for college essays, journalistic articles, blog posts, and sales copy.
MLA and APA formats only; fact-checking not included–I assume you know your material.
inclusive of citations, footnotes, appendices, etc.
- A page is defined as 250 words. Partial pages are rounded up.
- Submitting a project is an inquiry, not a purchase. You will receive a follow-up email to finalize details and invoicing.
- Editing is done with Microsoft Word Track Changes and comment bubbles. Projects must be submitted in .doc or .docx format.
- Turnaround times vary due to length of manuscript and depth of edits. You will receive a time quote in addition to your price quote; both must be agreed upon before work begins.
- Prices are for one pass only. Additional passes are available; terms and price determined on a case-by-case basis.
Don’t see your needs on this list? Have questions about the process? No problem! Shoot me an email and we’ll talk.